The Hoosier Section of the Public Relations Society of America, the Indiana Society of Public Relations and Communications Professionals, elected the 2022 board of directors.
Allyson Johnson, President of the PRSA Hoosier Chapter 2021, will be replaced by Deeksha Kapoor, Director of Communications at the Indiana Health Care Association. In her role as President, Kapoor will lead the organization of more than 275 members and be responsible for ensuring that the Section’s initiatives and programming are aligned with its strategic plan.
The 2022 board of directors represents a distinguished group of public relations leaders from a variety of industries, including healthcare, nonprofit, corporate, government, public relations and digital marketing agencies. Board members bring a wealth of experience, passion and boundless commitment to positively impact chapter members and the public relations and communications profession as a whole across the state.
Other board members for 2022 include:
- President-elect: Hyacinth Rucker, Regional Communications Manager, American Red Cross
- Director of Operations and Research: Rachel Wheeler, Communications Manager, Bose McKinney & Evans LLP
- Finance director: Mark Back, Director of Marketing and Communications, Indiana Donor Network
- Communication director : Jennifer Hashem, Public Information Officer at Superior Construction
- Director of Member Services: Kara Seward, Communications Specialist, Indiana State Teachers Association
- Membership Director: Samantha Sandala, Account Manager, Hirons
- Director of Professional Development: Katrina Ent, Digital Media Specialist, IndyGo
- Ethics and Advocacy Director: Jennifer Dzwonar, APR, Fellow PRSA, partner, Borshoff
- Delegates to the National Assembly: Andrea Farmer, APR, Director of External Communications, Indiana Donor Network; Sonja Popp-Stahly, APR, Fellow PRSA, Communications – Information Security Education and Development, Eli Lilly and Company; Hyacinth Rucker, Regional Communications Manager, American Red Cross
The PRSA Hoosier Chapter was founded in 1957 and currently has over 275 members.